- A kidney transplant requires major surgery, which can cause further health problems if not done successfully. Also, this process is usually expensive. not applicable for stem cell -safe procedure,no complications
- Donated kidneys are not always available. Some patients will need to wait for potential donors. using patient bone marrow stem cells/blood stem cells -easily available, for donor new born baby umbilical cord stem cells -easily available from my stem cell bank,no need of matching
- One of the most unfortunate things about kidney transplant is that, the body of the patient who needs a new kidney might reject the new kidney. Thus, one kidney transplant may or may not last for a lifetime.no rejection of stem cells hence long lasting effect
- In undergoing kidney transplant, the patient will need to use or take immunosuppressant, which can actually cause some complications. no medicine required.
- Kidney transplantation is not recommended for those who have severe obesity, heath disease, mental disorders, and chronic illness. stem cell transplant recommended in above conditions.
- Should take anti rejection medicines the rest of patient’s life or the kidney’s life. no medicines required in case of stem cell
- Higher risks for infections from anti rejection medicines. no infection.
- Frequent labs and tests to be drawn as well as doctor’s visits.
lab tests required to see improvement to stop dialysis .